Plenty of sites out there require you to audition before you can become a commenter, like this one and that one and this one. What a concept! Screen potential commenters based on editorial discretion, secret formula, whim, the same exacting blogging standards that our parents held us to when we were young or some proprietary hippness coefficient.
If it’s good enough for them then it’s good enough for Bold Lentil. This post will serve as open tryouts to become a Bold Lentil commenter.
First though the rules – we don’t want to be accused of lack of transparency.
- you will be deducted one point for each mispelling.
- you will be deducted 10 points if you include the word “monkey”.
- you will be given one point if you link to your own blog.
- you will be given 5 points if you use more than 123 characters.
- you will be deducted 5 points if you use more than 678 characters.
- boring is good, save the good stuff for an actual post that requires rhetorical skill, snark or both.
If your score is greater than -42 then you will be approved as a commenter. Otherwise you can appeal the above scoring to be put on probation. Although if too many of you fail I may be forced to write a “Blog Commenting for N00bs” post to build a community of capable, mutually inspiring, harmonious, witty, respectful and thoughtful wisenheimers.